NIOS OPEN SCHOOL ON DEMAND EXAMINATION SYSTEM
NIOS Open Schooling learning has been working on the concept of On-Demand Examination (ODE) at Secondary Level since 2003 in the area of its feasibility and operationalisation. The novel concept of ODE is a great step in the direction of flexibility to open and distance learning. This will make the total system of examination independent of the time frame and will help the student to take up the examinations as per their wish and preparation. The basic concept of On Demand Examination is that OPEN SCHOOL Student can walk into the examination centre as and when he/she feel ready for the examination. NIOS OPEN SCHOOL re-introduced the ODES at Secondary level in 2005. With the success of ODE at Secondary level,NIOS OPEN SCHOOL started the On-Demand Examination in Sr.Secondary also from October 2007. At present, ODES is being conducted at NIOS OPEN SCHOOL HQ at NOIDA and at its Regional Centres/Sub Centres of NIOS in the following subjects at Secondary and Sr.Secondary level.
Medium of Question Paper: The Question Paper will be in English and Hindi Medium Only, However, the Regional Medium Candidates want to appear through the On Demand Examination will have a choice of Answering the Question Paper in the respective Regional Medium and no Regional Medium Question Paper will be provided in On Demand Examination.
Subjects for 10th class ON DEMAND EXAM
- Secondary (10th) : Hindi (201), English (202),
Sanskrit (209), Mathematics (211), Science & Technology (212),
Social Science (213), Economics 214), Business studies (215), Home
Science (216), Data Entry E)(229), Psychology (222).
Subjects for 12th class ON DEMAND EXAM
- Senior Secondary (12th) : Hindi (301), English (302),
Sanskrit (309), Mathematics (311), Physics (312), Chemistry (313),
Biology (314), Geography (316), Political Science (317), Economics
(318), Business Studies (319), Accountancy (320), Economic (318), History (315), Sociology (330), Home Science, (321), Psychology (328) Painting (332) Data Entry (336), Mass Communication (335)
- Medium of Question Paper: The Question Paper will be in English and Hindi Medium Only, However, the Regional Medium Candidates want to appear through the On-Demand Examination will have a choice of Answering the Question Paper in the respective Regional Medium and no Regional Medium Question Paper will be provided in On-Demand Examination.
Advantages of On Demand Exam
The advantages of ODES can be stated as follows:
- Allows the Student to get assessed when he/ she is ready. Readiness depends on the Student and not on the institution.
- Attempts to remove the stress of appearing in examination(s), whether for all subjects or in one subject at a fixed time and schedule.
- Attempts to remove the threat of failure in examination.
- Removes frustration, loss of self-esteem, peer group ridicule, depression etc.
- Knowledge of results is almost immediate and success, even in one subject, is a strong motivating factor.
- Degree and level of performance are decided by the Student who can reappear in the examination as many times as one wants, till satisfied.
- Malpractices will be reduced, as it is a system where the tools for evaluation are unique to an individual Student. Every question paper for each Student is different having a comparable difficulty level.
- As this system is very flexible & easy in terms of the examination date, one can prepare for the examination according to one’s availability of time & date.
- They get enough time for preparation and they can improve as many times as they want.
- There is no fixed time for registration. The students can register and choose the exam centre on any day for writing the examination.
- We can plan to appear in the examination as per our preparation and get the chance to re-appear immediately in the very next month.
- Many learners could save their one precious year for completing Secondary (10th) and Sr. Secondary(12th) course through ON DEMAND EXAMINATION SYSTEM.
Who can apply for On Demand Exam
- Those students who got failed in 10th & 12th class from CBSE or ICSE and any State board. Can apply for on-demand exam & give exam same year 2020. Candidate can give the exam as per his/her choice of month & Dates. After giving exam candidate will get the result between 45 to 60 days. On demand exam conduct every month but this exam depends on the availability of seats in the exam centre. This called stream 3 & 4 also. NIOS OPEN SCHOOL stream 3 for 10th class & NIOS OPEN SCHOOL stream 4 for 12th class.
Result & Certification
- After due processing, the ODES result will be declared and published through NIOS OPEN SCHOOL web site during last week of every month for the examinations conducted during the preceded month.
- The mark sheet and other documents will be printed only for overall pass candidates by M&M unit and will be sent to the concerned Regional Centre for dispatch to the individual candidate.
- The other candidates wanting mark sheet can send their request through an application attaching the Internet print out and bank draft of Rs.100/- in favour of Secretary, OPEN SCHOOL, payable at NOIDA to Section Officer ( M&M unit), National Institute of Open Schooling A-24-25, Institutional Area, Sector-62, NOIDA, U.P.
- For the purpose of Mark Sheets and certification, all the candidates appearing during May till October will be considered under April Examination of that year. And all the candidates appearing during November till April will be considered under preceding October Examination.
- “Re-Checking” or “Re-Evaluation” as per NIOS BOARD examination norms is allowed in case of ODES also. The candidate may apply to Director (Evaluation) for this on the prescribed proforma available on the OPEN SCHOOL web site along with requisite fees mentioned in the proforma.
Pass 10th & 12th By NIOS BOARD ON DEMAND EXAMINATION
If you are failed in your exams, no worry about that. Now you can give that exam by on-demand examination system from NIOS OPEN SCHOOL Board and reappear for that. This is like another chance you will get from the National Institute Open School. Candidates can now clear their examinations in 45 days only. This exam system can save a valuable year of the student. As we all know that this board is the best board in India. This is the only board which gives excellent flexibility for its candidate’s worldwide. The students of this board can re-appear for their failed subjects. All the syllabus and studies are similar to the CBSE(NCERT) pattern. Also, the value is similar to the CBSE Board and any other state board in India. So get enrolled now and pass in 45 days. Save your year by this facility.
Note: There will be no On-Demand Examination during the month of March/April, October/November.
For any clarification regarding On Demand Examination, you may contact the J.P INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION at 9716451127 or you may send your e-mail at ( email@example.com )